Bones for Life® is a movement based program that promotes stronger bones using natural movement and weight bearing postures. Created by Ruthy Alon, a student of Moshe Feldenkrais, this program is unlike any other movement therapy available today. The uniqueness of this program lies in its use of weight bearing patterns to teach safe transmission of force through the skeleton, without causing shearing stress in the joints.
The movement processes taught are fast-acting and easy to learn. They are designed to promote optimal health and well- being through skeletal alignment, weight bearing and safe transmission of force through the arms, legs, spine, trunk, and pelvis.
These safe and enjoyable movements encourage bones to be strong and sturdy while improving posture, balance, flexibility, and coordination.
Based on the strategies of organic learning from the Feldenkrais Method® ,it is designed to deprogram counter-productive patterns of movement and posture and replace them with more efficient and harmonious ways of moving.
- Restore equilibrium and balance
- Enhance the pleasure of moving
- Experience a new sense of optimism that comes from having a reliable skeleton
- Learn new options for releasing learned painful patterns of movement
- Reduce neck, back, and shoulder tension
- Experience an effortless upright posture
- Restore springiness to knees and other joints
- Improve the quality of walking, sitting, standing, sports, exercises, and other daily activities
- Develop self-awareness of habitual ways of moving and tension patterns in yourself
- Empower yourself to feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally
- Build strong resilient bones and healthy joints
- Increased energy-Feel and look younger